July 14, 2010

Finally - Ledo's Pizza in the City!

July 14, 2010
As we speak, a heated debate is occurring the Charles Village area regarding a developer’s plans to build a large shopping center, including a Wal-Mart and a Lowes, on a soon-to-be-vacant parcel of land. Opponents site that these “big box retailers” could put the small folks out of business, while proponents argue that the area could finally get some of the services that suburbanites take for granted, and that urbanites have to travel to the County to get.

Well I am, willing to bet that, while caught up in this heated debate, many of the proponents of bringing some “suburban amenities” into town may have overlooked what I consider a major victory of their cause – the opening of a Ledo’s Pizza in Charles Village!

Anyone that grew up with me down in Severna Park has eaten plenty of this unique square-shaped, thin-crusted, and provolone-adorned pizza. If hand-tossed and greasy describes New York style pizza, and flaky deep-dish crust describes Chicago style, then Ledo’s could arguably be called “Maryland Style” (I’m not saying its covered in crab and Old Bay, but I mean, it’s from here…).

The Charles Village location is the newest of a handful of Ledo’s locations to open in the city as of late. Its opening has allowed me to more regularly enjoy a food item that I took for granted before I moved up here. I won’t waste my time writing a review, because pretty much all of us have had Ledo’s at some point in time. And if you haven’t, there’s no time like the present.

So, it is still unclear whether or not, in a few years, I will have to drive all the way to hoity-toity Timonium every time I need some grass seed or a hammer; but at I know I won’t have to drive that far for good pizza...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Bob Ganoosh, the Baltimore Restaurant Enthusiast ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates