April 20, 2009

Bob Ganoosh's First Bad Review - Double T Diner

April 20, 2009


Friday night the Bob Ganoosh team decided to get out and enjoy the nice weather by hanging out at Shawn's parents' community beach in Severna Park, with some wine and stogies. Sometime between midnight and 1AM we decided we needed a late night snack, so off we went to Double T Diner in Pasadena. Now let's remember, almost everyone (all except the designated driver) had been drinking, so our standards were not very high. All we needed was some cheap food in the middle of the night. And that is pretty much Double T's purpose in life. That, and being a venue for Sheila Dixon's business meetings.** So we knew what to expect.


However, this visit to Double T, as usual, did not even meet our already-diminished standards for late-night dining. To start on a positive note, the service was fine - better than average for a diner, I would say. My glass never reached the bottom before being offered a refill. That is a power move by any server, in my opinion. However, as soon as food arrived at the table, it all went south!


A few of our entrees came with a cup of soup to start with. Shawn got the New England Clam Chowder (which was actually Manhattan Clam Chowder). The other 2 ordered Cream of something, but the restaurant was fresh out of that so they were given Chicken Noodle. The chicken noodle was basically chicken broth, a little bit of chicken, and tons of macaroni... but whatever, Chicken Noodle can only be so bad. The Clam Chowder, however, is a different story. I'm not sure what was in it or specifically how it tasted, but to quote Shawn: "this tastes like shit!" He specifically asked that I quote him on that.


The entrees were mediocre. I got some kind of breakfast platter which I found to be pretty good (can't really go wrong with eggs and pancakes), but I was not a fan of the hashbrowns. All of the sandwiches ordered were acceptable, but nothing particularly special, even for the price (which is not all that low for a diner).


So our verdict - if you're hungry in the middle of the night, go to Denny's! Last time I was there with my parents (a few months ago) we were surprisingly pleased with everything, and it was a lot cheaper! The service we received Friday night was better than one would ever received at a Denny's, but then again I think it was better than what is usually offered at Double T. All in all, the only reason to eat at Double T is for straight-up convenience.


There are several locations, but I will not waste my time looking up the addresses of somewhere I do NOT recommend.


** The Bob Ganoosh team has no opinion, and does not intend to imply any opinion, as to the innocence or guilt of any persons as it relates to any pending indictments. So Sheila, please don't sue us!

3 comments:

Barget

You have to stick to the breakfast at Double T, anything else is a mistake.

Da Stud

The TT Diner is the perfect place to go--IF you know your way around the huge menu. Also, you all missed out on some AWESOME matza ball soup.

There really is no comparison for a 24-hour restaraunt.

Gary

Barget, I agree. The breakfast is good and the rest of the menu is wasted paper.

As I said above, I'm honestly a fan of Denny's more. But Double T serves a very real purpose - its a convenient place to eat something, particularly late at night and/or while extremely intoxicated. Perhaps I should have mentioned that, as awful as I think the place is, I surely will go back many more times. It's pretty much a part of my culture, LOL.

Post a Comment

 
Bob Ganoosh, the Baltimore Restaurant Enthusiast ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates